Highlighting the per Transformer Energy Savings Opportunity of a Single Powersmiths Transformer Replacement
A Technology Company
- Existing inefficient transformer (TX) supporting critical power loads was 70% loaded, operating at very high temperatures compromising reliability
- Two fans and a portable cooling unit were being used to compensate for high operating temperatures from excessive TX operating losses
- TX to be replaced: NEMA TP1, 300 kVA, K-13, 150º Temp Rise, Electrostatic Shield, Aluminum-wound
- Existing TX baseline measurements = 7.044 average kW losses, wasting approximately 122,292 kWh/yr, including 60,972 kWh in associated cooling energy
- Replacement TX: Powersmiths E-SAVER™-C3H design optimized for high loading, 300 kVA, K-13, 105º Temp Rise, Electrostatic Shield, Copper-wound with 360º IR Port™ and Lockable Hinged Doors.
Energy Savings Overview of a Single Transformer Replacement:
- Overall Combined TX and Cooling Savings: 101,686 kWh/yr
- Peak Demand Savings: 5.5 kW
- Reduction in Associated Cooling Energy: 53,506 kWh/yr
- Reduction in Associated A/C Load: 1.56 tons
- Freed-up UPS Capacity by 5.5kW
Project Rep: Peter Ouellette
Copyright © 2016 by Powersmiths International Corp. All rights reserved.